2,900+ Reading Activities, Ages 4 – 15
Build essential reading skills to unlock life’s treasures!
The incredible, curriculum-linked reading resource that uses an integrated phonemic and text-based approach to reading! It utilises integrated speech and sound support, going beyond phonics to build solid reading skills, grow a love of reading and cultivate comprehension power, all with activities at a level appropriate for each student!
Features & benefits
- 6 progressive modules developing reading skills for kids aged 4 to 15+
- Over 2,900 carefully targeted activities
- Based on the latest research (see Reference list, below)
- Helps students learn to read the same way they learn to speak
- Over 3,800 audio files for phonemes, vocabulary, instructions, answers and more!
- To help students learn to read, integrated speech is used in the ZooWhiz Reading modules ONE, TWO, THREE and FOUR. Each activity uses spoken instructions, audio reinforcements and corrections to take reading software into a whole new dimension. In modules FIVE and SIX, integrated speech is no longer required as children learn to think the meaning of words rather than hear their sounds.
- The integrated speech and sound support in Reading is extremely comprehensive, with over 3,800 audio files for phonemes, vocabulary, instructions, answers and more! Sound support reinforces sound/symbol correlations and frees the child from reading instructions—something that a book alone cannot do!
Covers all essential readings skills and concepts including:
- A carefully guided introduction to letters, phonics, spelling and more!
- Systematically introduces and establishes sound – letter correspondences for all 44 phonemes
- Expands and develops writing and word skills, by covering spelling, grammar, punctuation and much more!
- Refines basic skills using enjoyable stimulus materials that copiously illustrate the richness and diversity of the English language
Sample Activities from different levels
Ages 10 to 15+
Please click on an image to browse the gallery.
Reference List for Research
- ABC (2005) ‘Go back to basic for literacy program: report’, broadcast on The 7.30 Report on 8/12/2005: Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- McGuinness C & McGuinness G, (1998) Reading Reflex: The foolproof phono-graphix method for teaching your child to read Read America Inc, New York
- McGuinness, D. (1997) Why Our Children Can’t Read and What We Can Do About It, Free Press
- Nelson, B., (2005) Media Release: Report of the National Inquiry into the Teaching of Literacy, Australian Federal Government, Canberra
- Reading Reform Foundation www.readingreformny.org
- Rose, J., (2005) ‘Independent review of the teaching of early reading’ published in the Early Reading Review, UK Government
- Rowe, K., (2005) Final Report, National Inquiry into the Teaching of Literacy, Australian Federal Government, Canberra