3,250+ Word Skills Activities, Ages 5 – 15
Spelling, Grammar, Punctuation & More!
Give every child a positive and empowering language experience with the ZooWhiz Word Skills modules. The carefully-sequenced activities build vital language skills to promote confidence in understanding and using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation.
ZooWhiz Word Skills is full of quirky characters, terrible puns and clever word plays, modelling the enjoyment of language for all learning styles.
Features & benefits
- 3 progressive modules developing word skills for kids aged 5 to 15+
- Over 3,250 carefully-crafted learning activities
- Promotes higher-order language thinking and problem-solving skills
- Builds vital language skills and promotes confidence in understanding and using correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Carefully builds recognition of words that use both simple and complex spelling patterns
- Expands and enriches vocabulary and stimulates children’s ability to use words in context
- Identifies and systematically resolves the more baffling aspects of English spelling and other common difficulties
- Provides explanation of more difficult concepts in spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Fully correlated with the relevant literacy curricula
- Fosters understanding and enjoyment of language
Covers all essential word skills and concepts including:
- Letter tracking, matching, sorting and recognition
- Preparatory skills for very young readers and spellers
- Spelling patterns & rules, including phonics
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Synonyms & antonyms
- Homophones, homographs, homonyms
- Nouns, pronouns, adjectives, adverbs, connectives
- Regular and irregular verbs
- Word origins including idioms, clichés, metaphors, similes, etc
- Grammar conventions
Sample Activities from different levels
Ages 11 to 15+
Please click on an image to browse the gallery.